MANAGE YOUR MUSIC
How do I import my tracks?
All the tracks into your "Music" application on your device will be automatically synchronized into edjing Mix.
If you want to import new tracks on edjing Mix you must import them on iTunes via a computer. Then synchronize your device with iTunes or iCloud.
How can I access other musical sources?
In addition to your local tracks, you can access Deezer (with a Premium account only), and Soundcloud.
To do so:
1. Open the library.
2. Click on the “iTunes” thumbnail.
3. Select the musical source of your choice.
4. Connect to your account.
How do I load a track?
To load a track, simply click on the keynote icon to be redirected to your library. By clicking on the orange keynote icon, the track will be added to deck A, by clicking on the white one, the track will be added to deck B.
We advise you to load tracks that have no more than a 30 BPM lapse in order to mix and beatmatch smoothly.
How do I use the pre-cueing?
To use the pre-cueing, you must purchase the full version or the pre-cueing feature.Then, activate the pre-cueing by clicking on the headphone icon located between your two decks.
Moreover, you need a split cable (3,5 mm jack stereo male to two 3,5 mm jack mono female) like this one : http://www.amazon.com/HOSA-Stereo-3-5-Phone-Male/dp/B000068O5H
How do I get new samples?
To get new samples, go to the sampler, click on the title of your current sample pack and then select “Get more samples”. Please make sure that your Internet connection is working well. At last, select the sample pack you want to purchase. You can get a preview of each pack by clicking on the little grey arrow.
How to synchronize your metadata with iCloud?
You can automatically save and synchronize the cue points and other metadata generated during your edjing Mix session on your iPad or iPhone via iCloud. This encompasses cue points and manually altered BPM information (tapped/half/double) for each track. To be able to use the iCloud synchronization, you first need to purchase it.
How to enable the iCloud synchronization?
1. In the iCloud Settings, sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
2. Enable “iCloud Drive” in the iCloud Settings on all your devices.
3. Enable the iCloud Drive functionality in edjing Mix.
4. Then force the synchronization within edjing Mix by clicking on "Force synchronization".
How to test the iCloud synchronization?
1. Load a track on one of your devices in edjing Mix and set a cue point.
2. Load another track on the same deck to get iCloud synchronized or simply close the app.
3. Load the same track on another device. You should retrieve the cue point at the same location as on your first device.
Troubleshooting with iCloud synchronization
1. In the iCloud Settings, verify that every device is logged in with the same Apple ID and iCloud Drive is enabled.
2. Verify that every device is connected to the Internet.
3. Verify that iCloud Drive is enabled for edjing Mix.
4. To do so, open the Settings go to iCloud > iCloud Drive and make sure to tick the checkbox next to "edjing Mix".
5. Restart your devices.
6. In the Date & Time Settings, click on "Set automatically" on all your devices.
7. Reset all settings on your problematic iOS device in the Settings. To do so, go to General > Reset > Reset All Settings (please note this only affects the system settings, not the device).
8. Sign out of iCloud and sign in again.
How do I record a set?
To record a mix, click on the red "Record" button at the very top of the deck view screen. It will start recording your mix. Click for a second time on the "Record" button to stop your recording.
After editing your mix, it will be automatically saved in your recordings library called "My mixes".
How can I access my FX?
All your FX are available directly from the main interface. Select the deck (A or B) on which you want to apply a cue point or an effect, and click on the ‘FX’ button located on the outside of your decks. A menu will pop out, and you’ll be able to apply sound effects, hot cues, and loops.
How can I save my mix on my computer?
Once your mix is recorded you must:
1. Open iTunes on your computer.
2. Connect your device to your computer.
3. Click on the iPhone/iPad icon that appears in iTunes at the top-left hand corner.
4. Click on 'Apps'.
5. Scroll down then select “edjing Mix”.
6. Select your mix then click on 'Save to...' at the bottom of your screen.
How can I delete a mix?
To erase a recording you must:
1. Open your library by clicking on the little keynotes (as if you wanted to add a track).
2. Click on the “My sets” thumbnail.
3. Select 'My recordings'.
4. Click on the three dots next to the mix you want to delete.
5. Click on “Delete”.